ABOUT OUR CHAPTER
From social events and recreational sports teams to family outings and community service projects, the DC Hokies have something for everyone! With so many members, we strive to provide an array of activities, events, and community service/volunteer opportunities sure to interest everyone. Upcoming events and details are available on our event calendar.
VTAA-NCR is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Contributions to the chapter in the United States are tax-exempt to the extent provided by law. VTAA-NCR is registered in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Our chapter has won several awards given by the Virginia Tech Alumni Association, including:
- Broadening Alumni Engagement: 2016
- Chapter Innovation Award: 2016
- Outstanding Chapter: 1999-2000, 2002-2003, 2005-2015
- Best Chapter Website: 2003, 2007
- Outstanding Community Service Event: 2010
- Outstanding Chapter Scrapbook: 2010
- Outstanding Fundraising Event: 2004, 2016
- Outstanding Golf Tournament: 2005
- Chapter Hall of Fame: Job Fair 2006
"aren't you the hokie club?"
This is a question we get a lot. We aren't the Hokie Club (but we do love Hokie sports!). The Hokie Club is the athletic booster club for Hokie sports. We're a chapter of the VT alumni association. Get connected to the local Hokie Club chapter.
Photo: © Doug Funes