Please join us for our May chapter meeting!
Come join the 2016-2017 chapter officers in an open meeting at the Northern Virginia Center in Falls Church. We will be meeting in room 221 at 7:00PM.
We are looking for dedicated Hokies of all ages and backgrounds who are interested in helping out with our many social, community service, and sports events throughout the year. We'll be having a chat about ways to better engage alumni throughout our area.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
- Work directly to provide guidance and oversight to the Fundraising Chair/Committee and work with the Committee Chair to develop annual priorities and goals;
- Work with the Executive Committee to establish an annual budget and plan;
- Manage the approved annual budget to ± 10%;
- Pay all debts in a timely manner and accurately receive and record all financial contributions;
- Ensure financial reports are created for all major events using the Chapter’s chosen financial software package;
- Manage financial resources as to maximize them within acceptable levels of risk;
- Report the Chapter's financial status monthly, quarterly, and annually;
- Ensure an annual professional audit of the Chapter’s finances are conducted; and
- Prepare and submit the Chapter’s annual tax return.
- Prepare and distribute an agenda and minutes from the previous Committee meeting - inclusive of attendance - for each meeting of the Executive Committee and Chapter;
- Administer e-mail accounts and phone accounts for officers and volunteers;
- Manage all written correspondence for the Chapter;
- Maintain the Chapter’s official event calendar;
- Work with the Webmaster to keep an electronic scrapbook of all events;
- Maintain a minutes book to include official minutes, agreed to resolutions, and the Chapter’s constitution and bylaws;
- Conduct the Chapter’s semi-annual survey; and
- Welcome new members and recognize key volunteers in new and creative ways.
Community Service Director
- Set the tone and strategy for community service initiatives and strategy, including developing annual priorities and goals;
- Plan a diverse selection of community service events to include a minimum of 10 events per fiscal year;
- Manage all community service events as listed in the annual plan; and
- Coordinate with various community service groups to establish new community activities.
Parking is $4.85 • Metro accessible (West Falls Church station)