We are looking for dedicated Hokies of all ages and backgrounds who are interested in helping out with our many social, service, and sports events throughout the year. To apply, please email a cover letter addressing why you're interested in the position(s) and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Positions include:
- Provide guidance and oversight to the Fundraising Chair and work with the Committee Chair to develop annual priorities and goals;
- Work with the Executive Committee to establish an annual budget and plan;
- Manage the approved annual budget to ± 10%;
- Pay all debts in a timely manner and accurately receive and record all financial contributions;
- Ensure financial reports are created for all major events using the Chapter’s chosen financial software package;
- Manage financial resources as to maximize them within acceptable levels of risk;
- Report the Chapter's financial status monthly, quarterly, and annually;
- Ensure an annual professional audit of the Chapter’s finances are conducted; and
- Prepare and submit the Chapter’s annual tax return.
- Serve as Chair to and set the tone and strategy for the Chapter’s Marketing Committee, including developing annual priorities and goals;
- Provide guidance and oversight to the webmaster, or assume the duties of webmaster when applicable;
- Work with Blacksburg to create and schedule correspondence to the membership and produce and send correspondence to our “local lists”, especially for large events;
- Quality check current events on the Chapter’s website and all social networking sites; and
- Research and advise the Executive Committee on promotional items.
Community Service Director
- Set the tone and strategy for community service initiatives and strategy, including developing annual priorities and goals;
- Plan a diverse selection of community service events to include a minimum of 10 events per fiscal year;
- Manage all community service events as listed in the annual plan; and
- Coordinate with various community service groups to establish new community activities.
Virginia Member at Large
- Members at Large shall be responsible for advising the Executive Committee on how to engage the constituency in the geographical region each Member at Large represents. This should include, but not be limited to, where to host events, recruiting members to attend events and helping to build relationships with other local organizations.
- Each term, Members At Large are expected to organize one (1) event within the region they represent, as long as the budget allows.